Ageing is a part of life, but that doesn’t mean we have to let it get the better of us. With so many treatment options for anti-ageing, it can be hard to decide what’s right for our skin. Here’s where hyaluronic acid (HA) comes in.
HA is a staple for preserving moisture, eliminating signs of ageing and accelerating the wound-healing process. Read on to learn how HA can restore your skin’s youthfulness.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance present throughout the body, including the joints, skin and eyes. HA can hold over 1,000 times its weight in water as a gel-like substance, making it essential for retaining moisture.
It acts as a humectant (a substance that preserves moisture) and holds these water molecules onto your skin’s surface to keep it hydrated for longer.
For years, hyaluronic acid has been a key anti-ageing component in many cosmetic treatments, such as Dermal Fillers and Skin Boosters. You’ll also commonly find HA in serums and moisturisers due to their ability to minimise moisture loss, fine lines, and volume reduction.
What does hyaluronic acid do to your face?
Here’s a scary fact - by age 25, our skin’s hyaluronic acid synthesis begins to slow down. What does this mean for your skin? You’ll start noticing signs of ageing, including fine lines and wrinkles, facial redness, dry skin and loss of skin elasticity.
The best way to tackle this? Replace the hyaluronic acid that’s been lost. Incorporating more HA into your everyday skincare and cosmetic treatments will:
- Increase the skin’s hydration levels, deeply moisturising the skin’s dermis layer;
- Promote collagen and elastin production, which are crucial elements of your skin’s structural integrity;
- Minimise fine lines and wrinkles due to your skin’s new water content and collagen levels;
- Plump sunken skin around the cheeks, jawline and eyes and add volume to thin lips via Lip Filler;
- Improves your skin’s elasticity, making it firmer for longer; and,
- Add radiance to dull skin as the protective barrier improves with higher collagen and elastin levels.
What are the best hyaluronic acid treatments?
Hyaluronic acid is a main ingredient in most injectable moisturisers and dermal filler treatments. At Omniya Clinic, you can choose from:
- Profhilo Skin Rejuvenation - We inject Profhilo, a leading HA-based remodelling treatment, into the face, hands or neck to encourage collagen and elastin production. The results? Healthy, radiant and youthful-looking skin.
- Dermal Fillers - Our practitioners address anti-ageing concerns with HA dermal fillers, such as deep lines, wrinkles, and volume loss. We naturally enhance thin lips, correct hollows under the eyes and offer facial contouring treatments, including Cheek and Nose Filler.
- AQUAGOLD® Fine Touch Facial - AQUAGOLD® is a premium facial that combines bespoke vitamins, enzymes, Botox, plant extracts and HA dermal fillers into the skin. When treated, your skin’s texture, tone, quality and firmness will improve.
Book your free consultation today
*Available with selected practitioners.