At Omniya Clinic in Knightsbridge, London, we receive enquiries and daily requests for lip filler advice. We’ve compiled some for you, to help you to decide what are lip fillers (and dermal fillers), what are the benefits, and quite frankly, how to find the best in London for lip fillers.
There are many reasons why patients have a lip filler treatment, and why they may be unhappy with the shape or size of their lips. We will discuss some of these, throughout this blog post, however, as with most topics, we ought to start with the basics.
What are dermal fillers and what is an injectable filler?
Dermal Fillers are products, predominantly consisting of hyaluronic acid that rejuvenates the skin – eliminating wrinkles, enhancing areas, such as the lips, and replacing volume lost in soft tissues through facial injections. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that is found in your body.
As we age, our skin becomes much more susceptible to sagging and wrinkles. Couple this with sun damage and muscle movements, whether that’s chewing, smiling or squinting, tissue continues to break down in the skin.
Dermal, or injectable, fillers are a good temporary solution to these signs of ageing through tiny injections into the specific area that desires some tweaks.
What are dermal fillers used for?
Dermal fillers are used to volumise folds and creases in the face where collagen has been lost due to the ageing process. As we age, areas such as the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips and the corners of the mouth begin to show creases and folds.
How useful are dermal fillers for skin tone?
Dermal fillers are a fantastic way to give your skin a youthful appearance. Dermal fillers boost the overall skin tone in the area that is treated. As we age, lines may appear and it is these dermal fillers that can revitalise the skin, giving it a younger and more youthful-looking appearance.
The hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in your skin, is a crucial component to preserve moisture levels in your skin. When you have low levels of hyaluronic acid in the skin, your skin can become dry and fragile – in turn making you look older. These dermal fillers will help to boost the moisture levels in your skin, giving you a more youthful appearance.
Do dermal fillers help in removing wrinkles?
Botox and dermal fillers are both cosmetic treatments which serve a specific purpose in the cosmetic industry. Botox freezes the muscles, and in doing so, helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles which are caused by facial movements and expressions. Dermal fillers, on the other hand, are designed to add volume and fullness to the skin. There are a variety of fillers available. At Omniya Clinic, the fillers we use help to
- Plump thinning lips
- Enhance and/or fill the shallow areas in the face
- Decrease shadow or wrinkles under the eyes
- Soften scars
- Soften wrinkles
What is a face filler treatment?
A face filler treatment is a cosmetic procedure, which is performed to minimise the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, restoring you to a more youthful look.
Are dermal fillers a common method of lip augmentation, and why do you use lip fillers to enlarge your lips?
It is commonly regarded that the lips and the eyes enhance your facial beauty. It is for this reason that lip augmentation also known as lip fillers are some of the most common treatments that are performed at Omniya Clinic.
With age (and often habits, such as smoking) our lips lose volume and create prominent labial folds. Rejuvenating the lips with hyaluronic acid based fillers is a common procedure. It is a temporary and reversible enhancement. Our experts at Omniya Clinic perform lip filler augmentation to boost lip volume, and enhance the lip’s shape and smooth vertical lines. In experienced hands (which is why we seek out only the country’s leading practitioners), your lip augmentation can look very natural and appropriate for your facial structure.
What’s the most crucial/best lip filler advice to always consider?
Always always always research the doctor, start with a little to begin with and see how you like it, don’t always go big – you can always repeat the treatment at your review with the practitioner! Before your appointment, make sure you’re fully prepped – speak with the clinic to make sure you know what you’re allowed and not allowed to take before the treatment. If you trust your practitioner (which you ought to, otherwise don’t do the treatment with them!), then allow them to decide which filler is suitable for your desired goal – there are many choices out there, but we believe you should let the expert decide which one is right for you, but make sure the product is superior – at Omniya Clinic we use Teosyal, Juvederm and Belotero. You ought to have a thorough consultation before your treatment, and know the risks associated.
Why do people get lip fillers? What are the advantages of lip fillers?
Lip fillers are a very popular treatment at our Omniya Clinic. In the right hands, this treatment can enhance the beauty of a face and create a beautiful smile.
The following are some advantages of lip fillers. Lip fillers:
- Achieve natural looking lips, increasing the fullness of thin lips.
- Achieve soft lips.
- Enhances lip definition.
- Achieve immediate results, quickly and effectively.
- Enhance your beauty, giving the mouth area a rejuvenated appearance.
- Enhance your smile.
- Are a safe, natural and subtle alternative to surgery.
- Remove lip fines and accentuate the lip line.
- Are safe and almost pain free.
- Are not permanent (we do not use permanent fillers at Omiya Clinic), but are long lasting and customisable.
What are the benefits of lip fillers? Lip Fillers:
- Volumise and define thinner lips, producing a more pronounced sensual pout.
- Give a rejuvenated and youthful appearance.
- Can turn the corners of the mouth upwards.
- Are a non-invasive treatment with virtually no downtime or recovery time required. That means you can continue your daily routine almost straight away.
- Can be tailored to your requirements, providing you with a natural finished result.
- Are temporary and reversible.
- At Omniya Clinic, lip fillers are only performed by suitably trained medical practitioners.
Pre and post lip filler treatment advice
Before your lip filler appointment, here’s some friendly guidance:
- Avoid the following: blood-thinning medication, like aspirin and ibuprofen, St John’s Wort, Gingko Biloba, primrose oil, ginseng, vitamin E around a week before your treatment, topical retinol and anti-ageing products, waxing and hair removal on the area to be treated.
- Take arnica if you can to help reduce the chances of bruising.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your treatment.
- If you have cold sores, it may be better to postpone your appointment, or keep your appointment but know that your treating practitioner may not do the treatment if it is in the area of injection.
- Do not have a treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
After your lip filler treatment, here are some more friendly tips:
- Don’t expect the initial swelling to be the final result. Lip fillers take time. Once the swelling has reduced, take the time to get used to your lips before you consider more.
- If swelling occurs, apply ice, stay hydrated, eat healthy foods, and avoid strenuous exercise and hot temperatures for around 24-48 hours. Try to avoid salty processed foods, spicy foods, blood thinning medication and smoking.
- Make sure you go in for your review after 2 weeks!
- Speak with the clinic if you have any concerns and let them know so your treating practitioner can respond.