Facial skin peel aftercare tips
There’s a reason why facial skin peels are much more effective than any over the counter exfoliants you can buy. They contain a lot of active ingredients and are designed to be applied by a professional skincare expert. In untrained hands, a chemical peel treatment can cause skin damage!
Bearing this in mind, you will need to follow the advice of your practitioner here, in the Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Mayfair area, about how best to look after the superficial wound the facial skin peel creates in order to work its magic and make your face look younger and clearer.
By following our 5 tips, you’ll have a much better chance of achieving optimal results from your treatment and not causing additional scarring or blemishes that you didn’t have before the treatment was performed! Facial and Peel aftercare is important!
About facial skin peels
Facial skin peels are performed by painting peel solution onto the targeted area of skin, which contains the wrinkle, acne, scar or sun damage that needs to be removed and then leaving this acidic solution on the skin to settle for a few minutes. When the peel solution is then cleansed away by your practitioner, you might experience a tingling sensation.
You’ll begin to see the results of the treatment a few days later when the outermost layer of skin begins to exfoliate. The dead surface layer will peel away, leaving fresher, more youthful skin tissue in its place. This new skin tissue should help you look refreshed and revitalised with a clearer skin tone and smoother skin texture. Here’s how to best look after the treated skin area when you get home following the facial skin peel procedure.
Looking after your skin during the exfoliation
- Do not attempt to aid the exfoliation of skin by pulling at loose bits. It may be very tempting to do so, but you must resist and this action greatly increases your chances of suffering scarring as a result of the peel.
- Should you notice any problems with the affected area of skin, it’s important to tell your practitioner or your GP straight away. You don’t want to lengthen the recovery period by not reporting any problems.
- Your hair contains natural oils, so in order to prevent these oils from angering the vulnerable skin area, try and keep your hair away from it, using a hair band or clips.
- If you smoke, you will be advised to refrain from it for a few weeks. Smoking will not help the recovery process.
- Keep the wound cool with water or appropriate creams. Your practitioner will be able to advise you.
Want to find out if the skin condition that’s bothering you could be cleared up via facial skin peel treatment? Then please get in touch with our clinic, which serves the Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Mayfair boroughs. An initial consultation will determine whether or not you’d be a suitable candidate for a facial skin peel treatment, or whether an alternative procedure might suit you better.
How Can We Help?
We hope that you have found the information contained in this post interesting. There are a lot more posts on the variety of services and conditions we treat and offer at Omniya Clinic. Please feel free to have a look at them! You may still have some questions, so, why not get in touch with us. We will be happy to discuss these with you. You can reach us in the following ways: